Post congress tours in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
The following post-congress tours are offered by ranger teams from different protected areas, both National Parks (NP) and Protected Landscape Areas (PLAs) in the Czech Republic & Slovakia. Each will be organised and led by rangers/volunteer rangers from the respective areas. Each tour will focus on the organisation and management of the respective areas and the work of the rangers. Participants will also gain an appreciation of the diverse landscape, nature and culture of each area visited.
The places on each tour are limited to a specific number or persons as indicated below and are offered on first come - first served basis. The costs are minimal and mainly limited to your own transport and food with a basic level accommodation offered at each location either free or at low cost as indicated below. Those with their own transport may perhaps offer spaces to those without transport from the Litomerice congress to the respective venues. Local transport is provided by the local ranger teams. Your own sleeping bag will be required for these tours though some may be available locally but this and other practical details can be discussed with each tour contact person.
Post congress field-trips
- The Czech Ranger Association offers a 5-day post-congress tour to the North Czech region
- The Nature Conservation Agency of the Czech Republic (NCA CR) offers a 5-day tour to the North Moravia region of CZ
- NCA CR offers a 5-day post-congress tour to the South Moravia region of CZ
- Post congress tour to National Park Slovensky raj - Slovakia
- Post Congress tour to National park Nízke Tatry (NAPANT) – Low Tatras - Slovakia
- Post Congress tour to NP Muránska planina - Slovakia